Wednesday, August 18, 2010

REFLECTION TIME

Ironically one thing I learned this semester is how important it is to reflect. Reflection time is the moment a student can think back to what was learned and what he or she will grasp onto for their educational journey. I have learned so much and will use almost everything I learned in my career as an educator. 

The GAME plan for example helped me discover my personal goals as well as showed me how vital it is to introduce a GAME plan to my students. I learned that as an educator I need to integrate myself better into the Digital world. After knowing this, I was able to set myself up with an action plan that will guide me to monitor and evaluate my goal. Now I am ready and excited to begin a new year with programs that will create a Digital world for my students as well as myself. I have found websites with programs for every subject! Last year I only used technology programs for math and reading but this year I can target all the subjects I teach! In addition, I will begin the year by modeling my GAME plan and helping my students map out their own GAME plan! It will be great! I have the resources and ideas needed to succeed because of what I learned the past seven weeks!

In addition to jump starting the year with a GAME plan, I will model and assign students project based assignments. This means, I will first model to students the programs I am now aware of ( wikis, digital stories, blogs, etc) , then have them create a project using one of these technologies to describe themselves! It will be a simple objective but it is meant to expose them to the ways in which we can use tools/programs on the web! 

I am very lucky to have taken this course during the summer because I am now ready to start off the year with a whole new world of technology!

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment